Tuesday 17 April 2012

Well, my last blog.  I have enjoyed, when I could get the time, writing about my experiences in this course.  Although not everything came together exactly as I envisioned, I was happy with how the final "peep show" turned out.  In the end, I could not get the serial port problem fixed to sync the Arduino with Firmata and run through Processing.  However, I set the code for the Arduino in an array pattern with four separate sketches ready for upload to run the lights "manually" through the computer. I changed the timing within each code to match the lights with the timing of the
sound file, :))
In addition, I used the sound files I created with Audacity and had them ready to play with the corresponding Arduino sketch.  In this way, I had no problem operating the show for the presentation.  Thus, everyone saw a rudimentary but successful show, :)) 
I enjoyed building and working with my little project.  I am purchasing my own Arduino unit and I am going to master the serial port problem!!   In addition, I am planning to further develop my idea with a final goal of possibly marketing my mini exhibit as a learning tool for the classroom. Or as a craft kit with the Arduino unit. The marketing needs more examination, :)))




For now, I am proud of my accomplishments in this course.  Starting this course as a complete techno-phobe and ending it with a feeling of comfort when it comes to technology, although a bit of frustration, I feel I have come a long way!!!  Starting this project from scratch was challenging but a lot of fun, :))  Who knows, maybe some day I will actually create my hologram library book!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment