Tuesday 3 April 2012

It occurred to me, (duhhh), :))  that my friends who visit the site might want to see the arduino in action.  I have not really written much about my experiences with the technology because quite honestly it has frustrated me to no end!.  First, I spent a good amount of time just trying to get the gadget working on the computer.  The instructions in the booklet that accompanies it does not explain everything.  This little thing needs Port Identification to upload the code it needs to the arduino.  I would enter the code I needed, oh which there are some really neat ones, and it would verify the code but would not upload it to the board it self.  Very frustrating.  The driver did not install properly and it was extremely difficult to find and get everything going.  But once I did it is a lot of fun!!!
Second, I have had to write the code which, I will find out if it works tomorrow night when I receive the remainder of the parts I need for the project.  After playing around with the arduino and the codes that are offered through the site I am pretty confident that next week my project will work without a hitch.  If I can master something else over the next couple days I might have another surprise for the presentation!!!   I will keep you updated.  Now for a couple of shots.  I have many more but I do not want to overwhelm you, :)))  Wait to you see it with more LEDs!!!!
the gadget, arduino.  small isn't it, :))

the light blinks with the right code!


this is what the sketch looks like and the code is pasted or written here then uploaded to the gadget, :))

However, with the blinking code the light does not turn off for that it needs to be hooked up to a breadboard through which I can use a switch to activate or turn off the light.  In this case a push button, :))

And Voila!!!  When the button is pushed the light comes on!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment